Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 6 - Principle Photography

originally posted by Craig on June 9, 2007

Principle photography is almost complete! I will be grateful too. Shooting is hard work! heh

We re-shot all the bedroom shots last night. After a “wardrobe malfunction” on the previous shoot, we decided to just redo that whole scene. That was fine because my lighting was better this time.

It really is a challenge to light a room with nothing but aluminum work lights. Without proper flags and focusable lights, it was tough getting the look I wanted. I fumbled around for way too long trying to light the scene. I finally had to just admit I wasn’t going to get much better with the lights I had. But that’s fine. I’m pleased with how it turned out.

Even though it required us staying up until 3:30 a.m., we got all the shots we needed. The only thing left is a few EXT shots of a truck and one more green-screen shot that will be used in a composite.

Production is almost over. Yay! I’ve already edited about 1/3 of the film. Once I cut the new footage, it will be time for sound design/Foley, music, and VFX. For such a short film, it sure is taking a long time. But that’s just part of doing this kind of work part-time.

No comments: