Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 2 - More Chroma Keying

originally posted by Craig on April 30, 2007


The One-Man Crew…desperately in need of a haircut!


Just wrapped another day of shooting. My wife is playing the role of a reporter, and I needed to do another key. I decided to just buy a 10′x12′ green chroma key sheet so I could shoot this at home. I stretched the sheet between 2 light stands (not the most sturdy way), and used some heavy-duty clamps to hold it tight. It was lit with 2 100-watt work lights.

Worked pretty good, though I did get a little spill on the actress. I just didn’t have enough room to get her far enough away from the sheet. Oh well, Final Cut’s keyer is very forgiving.

Here’s the set up. No one watching the film will ever know she was only wearing shorts. Ahh, the magic of filmmaking.



Next up…trying to make a costume. Oh boy...

No comments: