Thursday, June 12, 2008

Animation test

originally posted by Craig on April 17, 2007

Well, I just realized that I have no business trying to do any 3D animation for this film. I can’t afford decent software, I haven’t touched 3D software since Lightwave 3D on an Amiga 4000 in 1995, and I can’t afford to pay a real animator for the shots I need.

I have once chance, though. I know an animator that did some work for my employer a few years ago. Perhaps he’d be willing to donate to the cause. Can’t hurt to ask!

If he won’t do it, then I may just have to deal with having cheap 3D shots in my film. Since I have zero modeling skills, about all I can do is find free 3D models on the Web and hope for the best. These are 2 shots I’ve done using the free Anim8tor software for the PC and Blender for Mac, composited in After Effects:





I really hope I can find a good animator to do this.

No comments: