Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 1 - Principle Photography

originally posted by Craig on April 20, 2007

Shot my first footage today. My actor showed up on time and ready to go. I spent about 1-1/2 hours setting up the lights beforehand. Fortunately, I was shooting in my employer’s TV studio, so I got to use their ARRI light kit. I was glad I didn’t have to bring my own lights.

This footage was shot against a blue-screen since it’s going to be composited later. Lit the chroma-key wall with a single 650-watt Fresnel and used 3 150-watt Fresnel lamps with diffusion to light the actor. I really needed a scrim for one of my lights, but I couldn’t find them. My boss is in Vegas, so I couldn’t ask him, and none of his TV minions were there today. Oh well.

The audio was a bit echoey since I was shooting in the back of the studio (all the acoustic panels were near the TV set, which I wasn’t shooting on.) But I don’t think it will matter due to the way I’m going to be showing this in the final film.

So far, so good. Hope the rest of the shoots go as smoothly as this one did.

No comments: